February 24, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PST
February 24 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
This event is for Work In Progress members. However, non-members can purchase a $25 Day Pass which allows access to the event as well as to work in the worklounge for the day.
Partner Mark Hawkins
Mark practices in the areas of commercial real estate and corporate transactions, including business and entity planning, formation and governance. His practice includes negotiation and preparation of purchases and sales of commercial real estate agreements, leasing, business acquisitions and general business contracts. He regularly appears in front of local licensing agencies on behalf of an international convenient store chain for various land use and licensing issues.
Mark has worked on various multi-million dollar commercial developments, real estate purchase and sales and financing transactions. He also has experience representing local and regional banking institutions in all stages of lending, from loan origination through workout resolutions.
Mary focuses her practice in the areas of Emerging Business and Technologies, and Government Affairs. Mary has experience in a range of business services for both new ventures and existing businesses, including the following:
- Counseling on the selection of an appropriate business structure;
- Forming corporations (which includes drafting articles of incorporation and bylaws (for both profit and non-profit organizations));
- Drafting shareholder agreements;
- Forming limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships and joint ventures (including drafting the accompanying Operating, Partnership or Joint Venture Agreements);
- Reviewing and updating corporate governance materials (such as annual shareholders and board of directors minutes) for existing businesses;
- Reviewing contracts and leases;
- Reviewing of legal documents currently in use by the client;
- Conducting legal research on specific business problems or issues;
- Reviewing the need for various business licenses and permits and counseling on compliance with specific local, State and Federal regulatory requirements; and
- Contract drafting.